Ordinary Food, Extraordinary Love



Food, and People speaks to me.
As in, for every dish I've tasted or people I've met, tells me a story.
Or at least, I kinda figure out myself one.

To me, there is a correlation between "Food" and "Life".
It is not merely some stuff you put inside your mouth for survival.
Although that is the basic function.
But pondering about it, God could have created men not dependent on food or eating, and we will still live.
So, why created food?
okie.. drifting a little too far... perhaps I will answer to this question another time.

Back to Food and story..
On my recent makan meeting with a very well versed in chinese cell leader,
I was humbled by the sight of three amazingly diligent ladies (easily be those "ah ma" kind),
working in one of the food store at the West Coast Market opposite West Cost Plaza (used to be Ginza Plaza) .
They each had their part to do and were very focused in doing so.
It was a wanton mee and popiah stall,
So one cooked the noodles, the other made the popiah, while the last one handled the packing and taking orders.

What kept my attention was the fact that 3 ordinary women, all in their golden years, still choosing to work in the little food store, and mind you, F&B is never an easy job.
But they, though a little slower in preparing the food than normal hawkers,
it was only because they were very focused and one look at their eyes and I knew, that the food was prepared with their heart put into it, just like how your ah ma would cook for you...

There was a queue as well, but that did not panic them because they do not compromise on the quality of the food.
True enough,
The wanton mee tasted very homely. Tasty too. Love it.
The popiah was awesome.

All because 3 ordinary women, put their hearts into preparing home-cooked quality, and tasty food to people.

You don't have to be special or talented to share God's love, God uses ordinary people like you, me and the 3 ladies to share simple joy to people as well. =)

Wow.. my next post.. i have the urge to write about comfort food again..
stay tune.. ~!
live well folks.


This is the Wanton Mee and Popiah I bought from the 3 ladies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home