My First Operation

I had my wisdom surgery just yesterday.

And just yesterday I experienced loneliness, peace, pain and love.
All emotions mixed up in one day.

I was inside the day surgery centre waiting for my turn to be 'put to sleep' for the surgery.
As I waited, an anxious mother chatted with me, asking if I am also plucking out my wisdom tooth.
She wasn't there for the operation, she was there for her daugther sitting in front of us.
A rather stern looking dad also was there going through every little detail with the nurse regarding his son's operation.

I could only look with a little envious.
Since young, I had to deal with life issues big or small myself. Not that my mom dosen't care, I know she had to work so I didn't want to bother her with such trival matters, even if its not so "trival" ...

So after signing all the consent forms (big enough to give consent), I was getting ready for op. Haha it's rather amusing actually, how day surgery works. Usually for major operation, you are being pushed to the surgery ward on a bed right? Lol, I literally walked myself up to the surgery bed lo.

Feeling a little scared at first, I suddenly felt peaceful when I prayed and felt that God was in control, He was the one doing the operation on me, He was there...

Therefore, after nicely placing myself on bed, many nurses came to put me on tubes, talking to me, and than someone injected something and I instantly felt a sting on my left hand, as if a gush of liquid is rushing into my body and after a few whiffs of the oxgen mask...I..... zzzzzz

I awoke lying in the resting ward. "Wow.. thats fast" I thought, "finished already?" And I stupidly moved my mouth and "Ouch".. "Yup, its done". And I thank God for the successful operation and for His peace. Except, I cant escape the pain..

Feeling like a chipmuck in fact, with two big guaze inside my mouth to stop the bleeding. So, after resting for an hour, I was "discharged". Fonsa was already waiting outside for me and carefully taking care of me til I was on my bed at home.

It was a miserable period for me as my mouth is still bleeding and the wound, hurting. Staring blanking at the ceiling.. I awoke to find...
Man tou~!

Under his tender loving care and nurse-like A Class treatment, I felt so much better and blessed. My mom return home too, but only briefly asked about me, gave me my medicine and handed over me to man tou while she watched Tv outside... haha that's my mummy. =) But my mom and sis did stayed a while by my bed accompanying me while Man Tou ate his dinner. I never felt so overwhelmed with love before. As if God answered my prayers and gave me His tenderlove.

I recovered well. Today, I felt much better...

All thanks to a superhero Man Tou, my dear family and a Loving God.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home